2021 Paycheck Protection Program
UPDATE August 11, 2021: The Small Business Administration has launched a new SBA Direct Forgiveness Portal to provide an easier, faster online forgiveness application process. This new online portal allows Paycheck Protection Plan (PPP) borrowers to directly apply to the SBA for PPP loan forgiveness.
Given the speed and ease of the SBA Direct Forgiveness Portal, we are asking all of our HBC PPP clients with loan amounts of $150,000 or under, who have not already submitted and received their loan forgiveness, to use this new portal when applying for loan forgiveness.
Who Can Apply: Paycheck Protection Borrowers who received loans of $150,000 or less.
When Can I Apply: The SBA Direct Forgiveness Portal is now available. Remember, borrowers can apply for forgiveness once all of your PPP loan funds have been used - any time before the maturity date of the loan.
SBA PPP Direct Forgiveness Portal
SBA PPP Direct Forgiveness Portal User Guide
Be prepared for the forgiveness process by having the following information available:
• SBA PPP loan number
• EIN/TIN number
Support: Borrowers who need help or have questions regarding the SBA Direct Forgiveness Portal can call the SBA PPP customer service team at (877) 552-2692, Monday - Friday, 5 a.m. - 5 p.m. PST.
If you have questions about your PPP loan or the forgiveness process please contact us at email@example.com.*
UPDATE June 25, 2021: The HBC PPP loan forgiveness process is open for Round 1 PPP borrowers and we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
Applying for PPP loan forgiveness:
• For loan amounts of $150,000 and under – The streamlined forgiveness application does NOT require supporting documentation. From start to finish, the application should take approximately 30 minutes to complete.
• For PPP loans OVER $150,000 - The two forgiveness application types still require the supporting documentation listed in the application’s instructions.
Instructions and resources for applying for loan forgiveness are available on the Heritage Bank of Commerce Forgiveness Resource Center.
If you have questions about a PPP loan forgiveness already in progress, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org* to reach our dedicated PPP Support Team.
UPDATE May 5, 2021: Funding for the Small Business Administration (SBA) Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) has been exhausted. As a result, Heritage Bank of Commerce will no longer be accepting new applications for the PPP.
If you have questions about a PPP loan already in progress, please contact us at email@example.com* to reach our dedicated PPP Support Team.
*Warning: email address is not secure and confidential information should never be emailed.
The safety of our clients and employees is our top priority so we are actively monitoring coronavirus updates and will continue to be guided by the recommendations of local health officials.
Please check here for important updates on all COVID-19 related news:
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I protect myself from coronavirus (COVID-19)?
- The safety of our clients and employees is a top priority for us, so we are actively monitoring coronavirus updates and will continue to be guided by the recommendations of local health officials. For information on COVID-19, we recommend you visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website.
- Follow these everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases, as outlined by the CDC:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are not feeling well.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands.
- How is the Bank dealing with coronavirus (COVID-19)?
- Banks prepare diligently for events like coronavirus. While in some ways this event is unique, Heritage Bank of Commerce has extensive plans, procedures and redundancies in place to maintain continuity of service for all our clients throughout the duration of any public health event.
- Is the Bank prepared for a prolonged event?
- Heritage has prepared at great length to ensure access and service to our clients and their businesses. We are technologically and financially prepared to support our staff as they help you weather the possible effects of the coronavirus pandemic concerns. Our mission is to be there for our clients as they take on the challenges associated with the coronavirus and its effects.
- How does coronavirus affect access to my finances?
- It is our responsibility to maintain your access to, and confidence in, your financial resources during this event. As such, our clients have multiple methods to access and deploy their financial resources through the Bank. We offer extensive online, mobile, phone and in-person service options for clients to take advantage of, depending on their needs and comfort level. We offer ATMs at seven of our branch locations, and you may use your debit or ATM card at any ATM displaying the PLUS, Accel or VISA logo.
- If you are limiting your time in public there are many ways to bank that don’t require you visit a branch:
- Online banking allows you to check your balances, transfer funds and send wires & ACH transactions.
- Mobile banking allows you to check your balances, transfer funds, make deposits, approve wires & ACH transactions.
- Remote deposit service with scanners allows you to make deposits.
- Most of our branches offer night depositories, through which you can make a deposit.
- Our ATMs accept deposits.
- We’re also happy to speak with you on the phone.
- For more information on electronic banking options, including ACH, wires, mobile banking and remote deposit services, please visit our website, call us at (800) 796-4777 or email CashMgmt.Support@herbank.com (warning: email is not secure and confidential information should never be emailed).
- What steps is the Bank taking to deal with this event?
- For the health and well-being of clients and staff we are taking immediate steps to reduce the risk of transmission in our branch offices. Here are some of those efforts:
- Instituted work from home for all staff that can do so.
- Limited the number of clients who can be in the branch at the same time.
- Required all employees with any illness symptoms stay home.
- Reduced branch hours.
- Require social distancing of 6 feet between people in branches.
- Wiping down common areas on a regular basis throughout the business day.
- Daily cleaning of common touched areas in the building, including railings, door handles, lobby tables, and other surfaces the public may come into contact with.
- Encouraging clients to take advantage of our electronic banking products. For more information on electronic banking options including ACH, wires, mobile banking and deposits services, please visit our website, call us at (800) 796-4777 or email CashMgmt.Support@herbank.com (warning: email is not secure and confidential information should never be emailed).
- How can I interact safely and securely with the Bank and my financial resources during this period?
- As of today, all of our branch offices are open regular hours. In the event of any changes to the branch availability, information will be posted to our website. A list of branch and ATM locations is available here for your convenience.
- In addition to branch and ATM locations, multiple online banking and mobile banking options are available for your convenience and ease of use. Most transactions can be accomplished remotely using our systems once clients are enrolled in online and mobile products.
- What can the Bank do to help me manage my business through this?
- We take great pride in being your trusted financial partner. We understand the impact an event like this can have on businesses of all sizes. We are here to assist with your financial needs during this situation. Whether it’s getting to your accounts online and setting up electronic payments so your staff can work from home, or mobile wire approvals so you can maintain a control of your accounts remotely without slowing you down, we are here to help you be successful.
- Is this coronavirus pandemic an opportunity for scams?
- Criminals are already taking advantage of the coronavirus pandemic to launch a new wave of scams. For your protection, please keep the following in mind:
- Be alert to suspicious emails or text messages.
- Do not click on links that may be used to download viruses or fraudulent software to your device.
- Do not respond to suspicious emails or texts messages.
- Do not open attachments included in suspicious emails.
- Be cautious and thoroughly research any donation site to ensure it is not fraudulent.
- Is my money safe in Heritage Bank of Commerce?
- The strength of any bank is its capital and liquidity positions. Heritage Bank of Commerce and its holding company, Heritage Commerce Corp, continue to be “well-capitalized,” meaning we maintain more capital than is required by regulation. That is a benefit when the markets are volatile as they are now. The Bank also maintains ample liquidity to deal with any issues that may arise from the coronavirus pandemic. Your deposits are insured by the FDIC up to $250,000 per depositor and we have sufficient capital and liquidity for any shortfall. We encourage you to continue your normal banking practices. All of our employees are fully committed to see you through these most novel of times. So yes, your money is safe here. The best thing you can do now is stay healthy.
- Is Heritage Bank of Commerce secure?
- Heritage Bank of Commerce and its holding company maintain a very strong balance sheet that helps us manage and weather volatility, like what we are experiencing with the coronavirus pandemic. We are regulated by the Federal Reserve Board and the California Department of Business Oversight and meet all their standards for a healthy, secure institution. We are “well-capitalized” by regulatory standards and maintain liquidity for these uncertain economic conditions.
- There is outside corroboration of our safety and stability. We maintain a “Green” rating with Veribanc and a five star rating with Bauer Financial, a bank rating company. In addition, we also have a favorable rating with Kroll Bond Rating Agency. As a publicly traded stock, banking analysts review our performance quarterly. Their commentary is available online as well. If you would like to see more information about Heritage Bank of Commerce, please refer to our website at HeritageCommerceCorp.com and refer the SEC Filings section.